- ClubZOOM Engineering (consists of three one-hour sessions) – This program teaches girls about careers in engineering and enables them to learn and practice the method engineers use to solve problems using hands-on activities and group work.
- My Girlfriend Zelda (consists of eight one-hour sessions) – This program introduces girls to human anatomy, physiology, health and hygiene, and the roles and responsibilities of healthcare professionals. Girls learn about body organs by becoming surgeons who operate on their friend Zelda—a soft, cloth, life-size teaching doll with flaps that open to reveal her internal organs.
- Discovery Leadership (consists of fifteen 60-90 min. sessions) – This program enables girls to practice leadership skills and implement community action projects.
- Friendly PEERsuasion® (consists of fifteen one-hour sessions) – A program designed to help acquire knowledge and skills to address peer pressure in a constructive way with a focus on substance abuse prevention.
- Know Your Rights – (consists of eleven 60-minute sessions) – This program allows girls to explore attitudes and expectations about body image, careers, and stereotypes while increasing their understanding of their rights as GIRLS!
Girls Inc. seeks “Program Instructors” to teach the Strong, Smart, and Bold session to teenage girls in the Greater Houston area. Instructors introduce the Girls Inc. mission to girls, guide them through a self-discovery exercise, and lead group discussions in a fun and exciting way. The Strong, Smart, and Bold session is offered as an introductory single-session. Volunteers will work with teenage girls in a small group, typically in classroom settings at various school campuses Monday through Friday.
Girls Inc. volunteer opportunities are seasonal and based on the needs of programs and agency events. Potential volunteers must undergo a screening process in order to participate.