The Girls Inc. Be BOLD Institute (BBI) is a two-week, experiential learning experience for girls, ages 13-18 years old, held on the campus of the prestigious Texas Southern University. The Institute will take place July 9th – July 20th, and will conclude with a 3-day/2-night Central Texas college tour (July 18th – 20th).
Girls Inc. is collaborating with several community partners, including Project GRAD and Workforce Solutions, to deliver an experience that will:
- Introduce girls to concepts in STEAM (Science, technology, engineering, arts, and math) that will encourage active questioning and problem solving;
- Encourage girls to adopt healthy behaviors and healthy choices;
- Prepare girls for future college and career success; and
- Develop girls to be independent and productive leaders and advocates in their schools and communities.
There is a $25 application fee that will go toward the total program fee of $150 per participant. Scholarships are available.
NOTE: Your application will be considered incomplete until the $25 fee is received.
In addition, parents and caretakers of Institute participants will have the opportunity to attend 2 workshops to help them prepare their student and themselves for life beyond high school.
There are no GPA requirements to attend. However, we are looking for young ladies that demonstrate the following attributes:
- A willingness to learn from others, including their peers
- An inclination for leadership and advocacy (at school, at home, in the community)
- Shows respect toward authority, her peers, and herself
- A desire to pursue education beyond high school, including 2- and 4-year colleges and training
If this is you or your daughter, please complete the application in the link below and pay the $25 application fee by June 22, 2018.